|Location:||China Peak Mountain Resort, Lakeshore, CA.|
SUMMARY: This is a non-skiing/non-snowboarding position. Reconciles the day’s sales and runs appropriate reports by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Answers all Front Desk phones and directs any guests needing assistance.
2. Make phone calls to appropriate personnel regarding snow fall, and other pertinent information.
3. Runs computer reports and reconciles cash and credit receipts with hotel rooms sold.
4. Uses computer terminal to conduct cash and/or credit card sales of current day, future date and future reserved hotel rooms.
5. Inputs reservations into the computer system
6. Assists guests and ensures all appropriate registration paperwork is filled out.
7. Answers questions concerning all types of sales and services available.
8. ADDITIONAL DUTIES: Due to the many variables that affect Winter resort operations, such as weather and number of guests, occasionally employees may be asked to perform other duties or assist in efforts outside their primary area of responsibility as needed, including performing in any subordinate position.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
ATTENDANCE/PUNCTUALITY - Is consistently at work and on time; attends required staff meetings.
DEPENDABILITY – Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT: Must be at least 18 years of age.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
TRAINING, CERTIFICATES & LICENSES: None required.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMAND LEVEL: 1 – LOW
The physical and environmental demand level as described in Level 1 (LOW) are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a Winter Resort Area. It requires that work venues are varied and in many cases include steep stairways, multi-level buildings and outdoor work areas, subject to very cold, sometimes wet or very sunny work sites. Walking surfaces are frequently frozen, sloped and slippery. Proper footwear is a must, indoors and out. Work days and hours, as well as the number of hours required will vary, with an emphasis on weekends and holidays.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications